Monday, March 25, 2013

Nora Jayne is Here!!!

        My life was wonderfully changed again on March 15, 2013 at 9:54am! Nora Jayne Hetzler made her appearance at that moment. I was in love at first sight... she is a beautiful, precious baby girl.


6lbs 12 oz


   Although I have been through this before it is still so surreal to be a patient. I am used to being on the other side working as a nurse so it is so difficult to let go of all control (not that I have control as a nurse either... but you know what I mean.) Ben and I arrived at the hospital at 7:30am for my scheduled c-section. I was prepped for surgery and when my doctor arrived we went to the OR to deliver my sweet girl. I was extremely nervous about the delivery and having surgery... but I focused on God and knew I was in good hands... plus I had the best people taking care of me too! Everything went smoothly and I was in and out of the OR in no time. Of course I cried as soon as I heard her cry... it truly is the most amazing sound in the world!

leaving the OR with my precious cargo


   The next day Olivia came to visit us at the hospital to meet her baby sister. The moment she saw her she said, "Hi baby!" She was sitting on my bed while I was helping her hold Nora and she leaned down and gave her a kiss. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen! My heart was and is filled with so much joy. We went home on St. Patty's Day to start our life as a family of four. Olivia has been very interested in "baby" and wants to help with everything. While she seems to love her baby sister, Olivia is still trying to adjust to this big change. She has definitely been testing our patience and Ben and I are trying our best to be understanding. Tomorrow we are going to take her out by herself to do something fun....not sure what that is yet since the weather has been so cold!! I'm sure over the next few weeks she will adjust.

Olivia giving Nora a kiss... melted my heart.. which is why my face is so silly

checking out her baby sister

One week old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment